(Re)kindle the romance close to home – without long flights to the South Pacific or the Maldives!
Overwater villas are the next best thing to a private tropical island of your own – a luxury, bungalow suspended right over top of jewel-toned seas with the rustic-chic experience of living indoors and outdoors. It doesn't need to be Valentine's Day or your honeymoon for you and your sweetheart to deserve an overwater dream holiday.
Here are 3 resorts on the Caribbean Sea - in Jamaica, Mexico, and Panama, where you can live the dream.
Where: Sandals Royal Caribbean, Montego Bay, Jamaica
The Overwater Bungalows and Resort Highlights:
Couples-only Sandals built the Caribbean's first all-inclusive overwater bungalows, inspired by more distant cousins in Tahiti. These secluded villas are just off the resort's private island with private water taxi service. Picture glass floors, butler service, private infinity pools and outdoor soaking tub for two or hammocks over the water where you can dangle your toes and absorb the sun, extended outdoor decks and outdoor showers that blur the line between indoor and outdoor luxury living.
- All-inclusive, unlimited fine dining at 8 restaurants and unlimited wine and spirits at 5 bars, including swim-up, and stocked bars in every room
- Free wifi, tips, taxes and gratuities
- Roundtrip airport transfers and BMW private airport transfers for all Butler and Club Sandals guests
- Professional water sport instruction and all equipment; PADI-Certified SCUBA diving, snorkeling
- Hobie Cats, paddle boards, kayaks, beach volleyball, bocce ball, pool tables, day and night tennis, unlimited land sports and state-of-the-art fitness centers
- Day and night entertainment including live shows
- PLUS exchange privileges and all amenities and inclusions with 2 nearby Sandals – it's like having 3 resorts in one!
Where: Karisma's El Dorado Maroma, Riviera Maya, Mexico
The Overwater Bungalows and Other Resort Highlights:
The adults-only resort's 'Palafitos' (pictured top) are not only the first overwater bungalows in Mexico, but are also on Maroma Beach, one of the world's top-rated beaches. Glass-bottom floors give you a view of the sea from the moment you wake up and your feet touch the floor; in the evenings, you'll have an unobstructed view of the setting sun from your own infinity pool on your private deck. And outdoor shower and private butler top off your indulgent beach escape.
- Easily-reached via non-stop flights to Cancun
- 8 diverse resort restaurants available in the 'Gourmet inclusive' all-inclusive program and 24-hour room service
- 2 lounges and 3 swim up bars
- Non-motorized watersports
- Spanish lessons, yoga, aqua aerobics, latin dance lessons, cooking classes, beach volleyball, mescal tasting, free wifi and more
- Daily entertainment and nightly entertainment including karaoke, live music, circus show and more
- Shopping tours to Playa del Carmen
- Fitness center, sauna and steam baths at the spa, aqua fit
Where: Viceroy, Bocas del Toro, Panama – opening slated for 2021
Overwater Bungalows and Other Resort Highlights:
- 42 overwater bungalows the first in Central America
- Accessible via a short flight from Panama City, boat, seaplane or helicopter
- 457 acres of Caribbean coastline in a famous eco-destination, next to jungle and San San Pond Sak wetlands, a habitat for birds and wildlife exploration via eco-tours and hiking
- Sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, biking, walks and lounging on the lengthy beach
- 42 overwater bungalows and 150 more guestrooms and residences
- 8 onsite restaurants plus lounges,
- Multiple pools, spa, fitness center, meditation rooms
Tip: If your travel heart is set on the romance of an overwater villa, book well advance as these evocative, one-of-a-kind accommodations are always among the first to fully book especially in high season December – March.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- New Ways to Celebrate the Start of Summer at the "World's Most Photogenic Beach"
- New USPS Stamp Collection Salutes Mississippi River Cruising
- 10 Reasons Why Guided Tours are a Top New Family Travel Trend
- Caving Meets Wine Tasting on a River Cruise in the South of France
- This New Cruise Ship Bar Beat Out Restaurants, Hotels and More to Win “Best Beverage Menu” Award