Botswana Delta Experience Summer 2019
Brochure Type: Africa 2019
Explore the islands and oxbow lakes of the remarkable Okavango Delta as you seek out the creatures that find sanctuary in the ebbing and flowing waterways of this wetland eco-system.
- Scenic flight over the Okavango Delta
- See the diverse birdlife of Botswana
- Visit Moremi Game Reserve, the Okavango Delta
- 4 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included daily
- Hand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari camps
- Hand-picked Trafalgar Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar Representative
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
Call (402) 397-6900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14384879
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Maun||Arrive Maun - Flight to Moremi Game Reserve (2 Nights): Journey by air charter from Maun to Moremi Game Reserve at the eastern fringe of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Okavango Delta. Sheltered by giant ebony trees, your home in the Botswana wilderness for the next two nights is in luxury en-suite tents, each on a raised teak deck, providing thrilling views of the surrounding bird and game species. Close your eyes and listen to the song of the Okavango - the cry of the African fish eagle and coo-coo of the red-eyed dove.Dinner|
|Day 2||Maun||Moremi Game Reserve Free Day: Explore one of Africa's greatest safari destinations in search of large herds of buffalo and wildebeest, the rare Sitatunga and packs of wild dog in the open grasslands. Embark on a boat safari along the Okavango's winding waterways or a 4x4 safari drive through savannah and dense forest. Spend some quiet time contemplating a simpler life, relaxing on the viewing deck overlooking Xakanaxa Lagoon to the harmonious sounds of the bush around you.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 3||Okavango Delta||Moremi Game Reserve - Flight to Okavango Delta (2 Nights): We fly from Moremi into the midst of one of the world's only inland deltas to explore a world of islands and waterways from the rare vantage point of a traditional mokoro. Gliding silently through the deep network of lagoons and channels, we keep our eyes peeled for lechwe antelope, crocodile and hippo, watching the African Jacana flit gracefully between lily ponds. Our lagoon-facing accommodation for the next two nights is one of Trafalgar's 'Stays with Stories', Xugana Island Lodge, which overlooks one of the Delta's only permanent water sites.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
Xugana Island Lodge
|Day 4||Okavango Delta||Okavango Delta Free Day: Spend a full day immersed in Botswana's wilderness. Consider a guided nature walk in the company of colourful Kingfishers, Bee-eaters and Rollers, spend the day fishing for bream and tiger fish, or simply cruise through the peaceful waterways in search of the hundreds of species of bird and wildlife that sustain themselves within this diverse eco-system. Spend your final night in the Okavango sipping sundowner drinks against the backdrop of Xugana Lagoon to a symphony of painted reed frogs.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 5||Depart Maun||Flight to Maun - Depart Maun: Take a short flight to Maun today where your memorable trip ends. Buffet Breakfast|
- Internal Flights: The above prices include the internal chartered air fares for Maun - Moremi - Okavango Delta - Maun, and are accurate as of March 2018. On Day 1, please ensure your flight arrives into Maun airport no later than 1.00pm to allow for a smooth connection with the included chartered flight.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class